27 December 2011

Favorite Things 2011: Camille Roy


Discoveries for me this year... (many came out in years past, but I am slow.)

Poetry... Brandon Brown's Catullus, Paul Foster Johnson's Study in Pavilions and Safe Rooms, Mina Pam Dick's Delinquent, Ronaldo Wilson's Poems of the Black Object, Judith Goldman's l.b.; or catenaries, Shanxing Wang's Mad Science In Imperial City, Will Alexander's Compression & Purity, Cedar Sigo's Stranger In Town, Jen Hofer's One, Dawn Lundy Martin's Discipline.

Prose... Gail Scott's The Obituary, Tisa Bryant's Unexplained Presence, Eileen Myles' Inferno, Carla Harryman's Adorno's Noise.

History... Caliban & the Witch by Silvia Federici. Loved this! It changed my frame. Looking forward to: Debt, The First 5000 Years by David Graeber.

Movies: Melancholia.

Politics: Occupy! Occupy! Occupy Oakland!! ( A cheer.)

Poetry Movements: Occupy Poetry! Occupy Readings! All the fabulous poetry activists, I love you all....

Journals. My favorite is the one you gave me, On: Contemporary Practice 2. Smart and juicy and lotsa bold. I hope you reject modesty and include this!

No comments:

Post a Comment