24 January 2014

2013 DISINHIBITIONS: CAROL MIRAKOVE





 
MUSIC
Jace Clayton’s The Julius Eastman Memory Depot is the most exciting and upsetting art I experienced in all of 2013. I heard it for the first time performed live at MoMA PS1. Gary Sullivan and I went together. I had a hard time talking afterwards. I can’t count how many times I’ve listened to the CD on end. I have to force myself to come up for air.

POETRY
Cara Benson, HOW THE END WILL COME: A PRE-APOCALYPTIC CONFESSION, published in Line, Issue 76
Robert Fitterman, Holocaust Museum
Evie Shockley, it: a user’s guide

ESSAY

LABOR
Another woman working in the technology sector faced an onslaught of rape and death threats following a high-profile confrontation at a conference. I was interviewed about it by CNN.



Carol Mirakove is the author of Mediated and Occupied as well as the chapbooks Muriel's House, temporary tattoos (BabySelf Press), WALL, and, with Jen Benka, 1,138. She is a charter member of Collective Task and with the Dutch musician bates45 she released the electro-techno single “temporary tattoos.” She lives in Brooklyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment