22 July 2011

COMPLINE


I am very pleased to announce that my new press, COMPLINE, is up and running and will henceforth serve as homebase for all my sundry printing activities (books, chapbooks, and broadsides). Atticus/Finch is dead; long live COMPLINE!

To celebrate, I am very excited to announce our first publication: CJ Martin's debut collection, Two Books. Some of you might remember Martin's first chapbook, Lo, Bittern, which I published with Atticus/Finch back in 2008. Since then, I've been waiting with bated breath for Martin's longplayer, and when it didn't materialize, I decided to print it myself. As luck would have it, Martin offered me not one but TWO books, so I printed them both in one volume. If you're not familiar with his work, Two Books is the perfect introduction!

Read all about it at our new website, where you can order a copy of Two Books alongside an accordion broadside I recently made for Joan Retallack. And check back for news about the long-awaited collaboration between Leslie Scalapino and Kiki Smith, The Animal is in the World Like Water in Water, which I hope to print later this year.

And here's a sample from Two Books for those unfamiliar with Martin's project:

">

No comments:

Post a Comment