17 April 2012

Coming Soon!


I'm currently putting the final touches on the first completely letterpress project from my new press Compline (that is, the first book wholly constructed on the Heidelberg). I hope to occasionally print these chapbooks as a way to challenge myself to design solely with materials at hand (ie., scraps around the shop and other unconventional materials), while simultaneously raising some money to fund future full-length perfect-bound books. This way limited chapbook will be ready to go in a few weeks (that is, once I finish scoring, cutting, and sewing), and it'll help fund the next two Compline projects: Leslie Scalapino and Kiki Smith's The Animal is in the World like Water in Water (finally!) and David Brazil's Economy. AND, despite the high production value (each one painfully made by hand!), this will sell for super cheap: $5 for locals, $8 for out-of-towners (those who require shipping). Expect more details in the following week outlining what this book actually is (!!), but for now, I thought to post some pictures of the component parts as I work to finish assembly. More soon... 

4 comments:

  1. I know what that book is! Lips are sealed though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post. Thanks for sharing such an informative post. Go through the recent similar valuable blogs about Owner's Equity: What Is It and How To Calculate It?

    ReplyDelete

  3. Nice Post. Thanks for sharing such an informative post. Go through the recent similar valuable blogs about Hire Bookkeeping services in chicago.

    ReplyDelete