05 June 2013

New Albion Books



I'm always super impressed by Brian Teare's ability to make his Albion Books look so sophisticated and handsome with so little material in the shop to work with. Here he's printing on furniture, and the texture is totally incredible. This do-si-do book object features two chapbooks in two signatures by two different authors, Elementary Rituals by Rachel Moritz and Dirge by Juliet Patterson, and while I know very little about either author, I've come to implicitly trust Teare's curation (the sign, to me, of a successful press), so I'll be reading this one carefully over the next few days. This is the first in Albion's fifth series of books, followed soon by chapbooks by Frank Sherlock, Jean Valentine, and CAConrad, all of which should arrive by the end of the year. I'll keep you posted, but, for now, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment