1. Discovering aggregate space and Steffi Drewes's Featherboard Writing Series: probably my most favorite space and people in Oakland. so happy they exist.
2. Fragile at YBCA. Eiko & Koma and Kronos Quartet. stayed as long as i could on the very uncomfortable not-chairs provided for this hours-long installation piece back in March 2012.
3. julian talamantez brolaski's book party at stephanie young's. variety show awesomeness plus a very distinguished cat named Zenith.
4. james meetze's reading at Featherboard: PERFECTION.
5. chris vitiello and brent cunningham reading for the Poetry Center. such talented, smarty-pants goofballs.
6. the Oakland A's and SF Giants kicking ass.
7. Mary Burger's paintings.
8. curating the BAPM and loving all my readers.
9. Erin Morrill and Ted Rees at Manifest Reading Series: another night of poetry bliss.
10. Megan Breiseth's Zia. a great chapbook that you should find and read and love.
11. Christian Marclay's The Clock at LACMA with Samantha Giles, Brent Armendinger, and Joseph Gallucci.
12. ALICE NOTLEY.
13. Touring with Andrea Rexilius, Resident Evil marathon, Disco Volante, exhaustion testing, Gualala, writing a novel, new book tour, and conquering trigonometry.
bio: kathryn l. pringle lives in Oakland, Ca. She is the author of fault tree (winner of Omindawn’s 1st/2nd book prize selected by CD Wright), RIGHT NEW BIOLOGY (Heretical Texts/Factory School), The Stills (Duration Press), and Temper and Felicity are lovers.(TAXT). Poems can be found in Denver Quarterly, Fence, Phoebe, horse less review, and other journals. Her work can also be found in Conversations at the Wartime Cafe: A Decade of War (WODV Press), I’ll Drown My Book: Conceptual Writing by Women (Les Figues), and forthcoming in The Sonnets: Rewriting Shakespeare (Nightboat Books).